A SALUTE TO PEARL HARBOR
Season: 56 (2001 - 2002)
Run Date(s): Dec. 2, 2001
Description: The Lincoln Community Playhouse and the Lincoln Journal Star will collaborate to present A SALUTE TO PEARL HARBOR: A Tribute to the Greatest Generation in Song, Dance, Humor and Dramatic Presentation at the Lied Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday, December 2, at 2 PM and 7 PM. Scheduled to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, this USO-style show features the Nebraska Jazz Orchestra and talented Lincoln actors, singers, and dancers performing:
- the music of such 1940s greats as Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, the Andrews Sisters, Kate Smith, and Frank Sinatra
- the humor of comedians Bob Hope, Abbott and Costello, Sid Caesar, Jack Benny, and Henny Youngman
- dances of the era, including swing, jitterbug and fox trot
- re-enactments of World War II radio broadcasts, including FDRís ìDay of Infamyî speech
- dramatic readings of letters to the homefront from Nebraska service men and women.
The Lincoln Community Playhouse offers many ways for you to share your talents!